Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) invites individuals and organizations to stride toward better health and a stronger community during National Walk at Lunch (NW@L) Day on Wednesday, April 28.
BCBSNE hosts NW@L Day annually to encourage Nebraskans to focus on their health by pledging to walk for 30 minutes.
NW@L Day also benefits the community. BCBSNE will donate a $1 for every participating individual and $20 for every school or company that pledges to Special Olympics Nebraska (SONE). SONE is a nonprofit providing sports, health and education programming for people with disabilities and has been a long-time NW@L collaborator with BCBSNE.
Additionally, one participating Nebraska school will receive $1,000 from BCBSNE for its physical education department. Schools can enter for a chance to win simply by taking the pledge.
“As a local company, the health of our state and the well-being of those who live, work and play here is important to us,” Kathy Nellor, BCBSNE health transformation leader, said. “NW@L Day provides an excellent opportunity for BCBSNE to give back while inspiring Nebraskans to add more movement to their days.”
For this year’s event, BCBSNE also teamed up with YMCAs statewide for the first time. Y locations in Omaha, Lincoln and across Nebraska will host a community day on Wednesday, April 28, making it free for all Nebraskans to visit their facilities and partake in NW@L Day, rain or shine.
“We’re committed to giving everyone in our communities the opportunity to move and grow, which makes NW@L Day a natural fit for the Ys and our members,” , president and CEO of YMCA of Greater Omaha, said. “On behalf of all participating YMCAs, I’d like to encourage Nebraskans to take the pledge and join us in walking on April 28th!”
- 18th St. Hastings Family YMCA, 1220 W. 18th St., Hastings, NE – 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Armbrust YMCA, 5404 S. 168th St., Omaha, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Beatrice Mary Family YMCA, 1801 Scott St., Beatrice, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Blair Family YMCA, 1278 Wilbur St., Blair, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Butler-Gast YMCA, 3501 Ames Ave., Omaha, NE – 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Columbus Family YMCA, 3912 38th St., Columbus, NE – 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cooper YMCA, 6767 S. 14th St., Lincoln, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Copple Family YMCA, 8700 Yankee Woods Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Don Sjogren Community YMCA, 1415 Broadway St., Holdrege, NE – 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Downtown YMCA, 430 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE – 4:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ed Thomas YMCA of McCook, 901 W. E St., McCook, NE – 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Fallbrook YMCA, 700 Penrose Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fremont Family YMCA, 810 N. Lincoln Ave., Fremont, NE – 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Hastings Family YMCA, 1430 W. 16th St., #2958, Hastings, NE – 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Kearney Family YMCA, 4500 Sixth Ave., Kearney, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Maple Street YMCA, 7502 Maple St., Omaha, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA, 601 Riverview Drive, South Sioux City, NE – 4:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Northeast YMCA, 2601 N. 70th St., Lincoln, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Orthman Community YMCA, 1207 N. Grant St., Lexington, NE – 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sarpy YMCA, 1111 E. First St., Papillion, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Southwest YMCA, 13010 Atwood Ave., Omaha, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Twin Rivers YMCA, 6100 Twin Rivers Circle, Valley, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- YMCA at Gothenburg Health, 910 20th St., Gothenburg, NE – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For more articles like this, visit Team Blue.