Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) has awarded seven Fearless Grants to nonprofits across the state, from Omaha to North Platte. The grant funds will assist the nonprofits with a number of initiatives, including behavioral health and substance use therapy, supplemental food for seniors, reduced emergency room visits, blood transportation, dental care, brain cancer research and mental health therapy for children.
“These groups are doing tremendous work to improve the lives of the people of our state,” said Steve Grandfield, BCBSNE’s president and CEO. “As a Nebraska-based company, we believe it’s part of our mission to support them in their efforts.”
The following is a list of programs recently awarded a BCBSNE Fearless Grant:
- Central Nebraska Community Action partnership in Loup City, NE – supports supplemental food for senior citizens, public immunization for low income and uninsured individuals and respite resources across the state.
- Lutheran Family Services in North Platte, NE – supports counseling of individuals, veterans and families related to mental and behavioral health concerns.
- Public Health Solutions in Crete, NE – supports program to reduce emergency room visits through health assessments, medical home referrals and consistent case management.
- Red Cross in Grand Island, NE – supports purchase of replacement vehicle for blood donation pickup and transfer.
- Third City Community Clinic in Grand Island, NE – supports medical, dental and pharmaceutical care to low income and uninsured individuals.
- Team Jack Foundation in Omaha, NE – supports fellowship at the University of Nebraska Medical Center’s brain tumor program.
- Lincoln Lancaster Child Guidance Center in Lincoln, NE – supports outpatient and individual school therapy, along with extended-day services and residential treatment, for children who demonstrate sexually abusive behaviors.
BCBSNE’s Fearless Grant program is an effort to reach out statewide with grants, sponsorships and community involvement that span our social responsibility focus areas of health and wellness, human services and education.