Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is expanding access to its Medicare Advantage plans to 42 additional counties in the state for 2021, providing Nebraska seniors with affordable and convenient health care benefits.
The service area growth brings BCBSNE’s Medicare Advantage availability to a total of 68 Nebraska counties. New counties for 2021 include Lincoln, Dawson and Custer, among others. For county-specific information, view the map below:
BCBSNE’s Medicare Advantage members will have access to new and continued benefits in 2021 that can assist them in staying healthy during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, such as:
- Telehealth services, connecting members to their doctors from the comfort and safety of home with the same copays as an in-person appointment
- 24/7 nurse line, where members can ask questions and address concerns with a trained health care professional at no cost
- Mail-order prescription drug benefits, so members can conveniently have their medications delivered
- Over-the-counter allowances for essential items, like facemasks, hand sanitizer, pain relievers and cold and flu medicine, as part of BCBSNE’s expanded prepaid card program
“This year, it’s especially important that we help protect our members who are over the age of 65 and especially vulnerable to COVID-19,” Tom Gilsdorf, BCBSNE Medicare Advantage director, said. “Our Medicare Advantage plans for 2021 will enable them to visit in-network doctors and specialists virtually or in person to ensure they receive the care they need.”
Other continued benefits for Medicare Advantage plans include eyewear, hearing aid allowance, nationwide coverage and more. Members may choose from either a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), both of which offer low or no-cost prescription premiums.
The Medicare Advantage Annual Enrollment Period runs Oct. 15 through Dec. 7. To learn more about BCBSNE Medicare Advantage plans, visit Medicare.NebraskaBlue.com.
In addition to expanding Medicare Advantage plans in 2021, BCBSNE is offering a variety of health insurance solutions for individuals over and under 65, including:
- Seven Medicare Supplement policies
- Two Prescription Drug Plans
- Three new dental plans for individuals age 18 and up
- Armor Health – a flexible coverage option for individuals and families
- Supplemental plans from LifeSecureTM Insurance Company, including Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Recovery, for protection from unexpected medical expenses
“We know each individual’s health care needs are unique,” Gilsdorf said. “Offering these additional health insurance solutions enables us to be there for Nebraskans whenever and however they need us to be.”
For more information, visit NebraskaBlue.com/Shop-Plans/Individual-and-Family-Plans.