Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) and YMCAs across the state will host 21 free community flu shot clinics this fall. Clinics are open to all community members aged six and older, regardless of health insurance coverage.
Clinics are available at the following locations:
- Blue Cross Centre, 1919 Aksarben Drive, Omaha, NE – Sept. 27, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Fallbrook YMCA, 700 Penrose Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – Oct. 4, 10 a.m. to noon
- Butler-Gast YMCA, 3501 Ames Ave., Omaha, NE – Oct. 5, 10 a.m. to noon
- Copple Family YMCA, 8700 Yankee Woods Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – Oct. 6, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Downtown YMCA, 430 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE – Oct. 10, noon to 2 p.m.
- Sarpy Community YMCA, 1111 E. First St., Papillion, NE – Oct. 10, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Fremont Family YMCA, 810 N. Lincoln Ave., Fremont, NE – Oct. 11, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Kearney Family YMCA, 4500 6th Ave., Kearney, NE – Oct. 12, 10 a.m. to noon
- Southwest YMCA, 13010 Atwood Ave., Omaha, NE – Oct. 12, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Beatrice Mary Family YMCA, 1801 Scott St., Beatrice, NE – Oct. 13, 9 to 11 a.m.; 4 to 6 p.m.
- Twin Rivers YMCA, 6100 Twin Rivers Circle, Valley, NE – Oct. 16, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Westview YMCA, 15800 Summit Plaza, Suite A, Bennington, NE – Oct. 17, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Cooper YMCA, 6767 S. 14th St., Lincoln, NE – Oct. 17, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Northeast YMCA, 2601 N. 70th St., Lincoln, NE – Oct. 18, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Blue Cross Centre, 1919 Aksarben Drive, Omaha, NE – Oct. 19, 8 to 10 a.m.
- Buena Vista YMCA Express, 5616 L St., Omaha, NE – Oct. 19, 3 to 5 p.m.
- Ed Thomas YMCA, 901 W. E St., McCook, NE – Oct. 20, 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA, 601 Riverview Drive, South Sioux City, NE – Oct. 20, 10 a.m. to noon
- Maple Street YMCA, 7502 Maple St., Omaha, NE – Oct. 23, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Armbrust Family YMCA, 5404 S. 168th St., Omaha, NE – Oct. 24, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Columbus Family YMCA, 3912 38th St., Columbus, NE – Oct. 25, 4 to 6 p.m.
Registration at NebraskaBlue.com/FluShot is encouraged, but walk-in appointments are welcome at all flu shot clinic locations. Links to register will open 20 days before each clinic and close 24 hours before the clinic is scheduled to start.
Health care personnel at the clinics will collect insurance information and file a claim for individuals with health insurance. BCBSNE will cover the cost of the vaccination for those without health insurance. Hy-Vee Pharmacy, Public Health Solutions and Red Willow Health Department will administer the vaccines.
“We’re excited to collaborate with YMCAs for the fourth consecutive year to bring flu shots to Nebraskans,” said Dr. Josette Gordon-Simet, BCBSNE’s chief medical officer. “Last year’s triple threat of the flu, RSV and COVID proved how important it is to get your flu shot each year to help prevent the spread of illnesses. Our free clinics have helped over 1,000 Nebraskans get vaccinated over the last three years.”
Flu shot patients at participating YMCA locations will receive a 20-cent Hy-Vee Fuel Saver reward, redeemable at Hy-Vee Gas, Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh Express or Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh locations. See Hy-Vee.com for details. Restrictions apply.
For more information about the clinics and to register, visit NebraskaBlue.com/FluShot