Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) will host 14 flu vaccination clinics in early October, in collaboration with YMCAs across the state. Clinics will be open to everyone age 6 and up at no cost to them, regardless of health insurance coverage. Vaccines will be administered by Hy-Vee Healthy You mobile clinics.
“We are excited to partner with YMCAs and Hy-Vee to offer no-cost flu shots across the state of Nebraska. With the uncertainty and added risks of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is incredibly important to get your flu shot to help protect yourself and your loved ones,” said Dr. Debra Esser, chief medical officer at BCBSNE. “By making these clinics convenient and accessible – in local community hubs, regardless of people’s health insurance coverage or ability to pay – I hope we will help keep Nebraskans healthier this flu season.”
Clinics will be hosted at the following locations and times:
- Sarpy Community YMCA, 1111 E. First St., Papillion, NE – Tues., Oct. 5, 4-7 p.m.
- Downtown YMCA, 430 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE – Weds., Oct. 6, 4-7 p.m.
- Fremont Family YMCA, 810 N. Lincoln Ave., Fremont, NE – Weds., Oct. 6, 7-9 a.m.
- Fallbrook YMCA, 700 Penrose Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – Thurs., Oct. 7, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA, 601 Riverview Drive, South Sioux City, NE – Thurs., Oct. 7, 3-6 p.m.
- Southwest YMCA, 13010 Atwood Ave., Omaha, NE – Fri., Oct. 8, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Copple Family YMCA, 8700 Yankee Woods Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – Fri., Oct. 8, 3-6 p.m.
- Don Sjogren Community YMCA,1415 Broadway St., Holdrege, NE – Mon., Oct. 11, 4-7 p.m.
- Twin Rivers YMCA, 6100 Twin Rivers Circle, Valley, NE – Mon., Oct. 11, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Orthman Community YMCA, 1207 N. Grant St., Lexington, NE – Tues., Oct. 12, 7-9 a.m.
- Maple Street YMCA, 7502 Maple St., Omaha, NE – Tues., Oct. 12, 5-8 p.m.
- Columbus Family YMCA, 3912 38th St., Columbus, NE – Weds., Oct. 13, 5-7 p.m.
- Armbrust Family YMCA, 5404 S. 168th St., Omaha, NE – Thurs., Oct. 14, 4-7 p.m.
- Butler-Gast YMCA, 3501 Ames Ave., Omaha, NE – Thurs., Oct. 14, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Details can be found at NebraskaBlue.com/FluShot.
Vaccinations will be administered by Hy-Vee Healthy You mobile clinics. For those individuals with health insurance coverage, Hy-Vee personnel will collect the necessary information at the time of registration and file a claim for the service. For individuals who do not have health insurance, BCBSNE will cover the cost of the vaccination.
“We are thrilled to once again be able to offer free flu shots to communities across the state in collaboration with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska, helping ensure all Nebraskans can easily stay protected from the flu at no cost to them,” said Tera Thomas, vice president of advancement for YMCA of Greater Omaha.
Preregistration is encouraged, though not required. Participants can link to Hy-Vee’s unique registration page for each clinic to make an appointment at NebraskaBlue.com/FluShot. Registration pages will be open 14 days prior to each clinic and close the day beforehand. Walk-ins will also be welcome. Each patient who receives a flu shot at one of the BCBSNE YMCA clinics can earn a 20-cent Hy-Vee Fuel Saver reward, which can be redeemed at any Hy-Vee Gas, Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh Express, or Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh location. See Hy-Vee.com for details. Restrictions apply.
BCBSNE, Hy-Vee pharmacy team members and each YMCA will be practicing COVID-19 safety measures. Clinic participants will be asked to wear face masks, social distance, hand-sanitize frequently and stay home if experiencing any fever, COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.