Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) will host 20 flu vaccination clinics in October, in collaboration with YMCAs across the state. Clinics will be open to everyone age 6 and up at no cost to them, regardless of health insurance coverage. There will also be two non-YMCA locations: BCBSNE’s headquarters in Aksarben Village in Omaha and the Healthy Blue Welcome Center in Norfolk. Vaccines will be administered by Hy-Vee Pharmacy team members across the state and Red Willow Health Department.
“We are thrilled to partner with YMCAs and Hy-Vee to offer Nebraskans no-cost flu shots for the third year in a row,” said Dr. Josette Gordon-Simet, chief medical officer at BCBSNE. “The effects of the pandemic are still lingering, and it is just as crucial to protect yourself and your family from the flu. With additional locations this year, we hope to keep even more Nebraskans healthier this flu season.”
Clinics will be hosted at the following locations and times:
- Westview YMCA, 15800 Summit Plaza, Suite A, Bennington, NE – , Oct. 4, 8:30-11 a.m.
- Columbus Family YMCA, 3912 38th St., Columbus, NE – , Oct. 5, 4-6:30 p.m.
- Southwest YMCA, 13010 Atwood Ave., Omaha, NE – , Oct. 5, 9 a.m.-Noon
- Fallbrook YMCA, 700 Penrose Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – , Oct. 6, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Copple Family YMCA, 8700 Yankee Woods Drive, Suite B, Lincoln, NE – , Oct. 7, 4-7 p.m.
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA, 601 Riverview Drive, South Sioux City, NE – , Oct. 10, 3-6 p.m.
- Twin Rivers YMCA, 6100 Twin Rivers Circle, Valley, NE – , Oct. 10, 8-11 a.m.
- Maple Street YMCA, 7502 Maple St., Omaha, NE – , Oct. 11, 9-11 a.m.
- Butler-Gast YMCA, 3501 Ames Ave., Omaha, NE – , Oct. 12, 9 a.m.-Noon
- Sarpy Community YMCA, 1111 E. First St., Papillion, NE – , Oct. 12, 5-7 p.m.
- Downtown YMCA, 430 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE – , Oct. 13, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Buena Vista YMCA Express, 5616 L St., Omaha, NE – , Oct. 14, 4-6 p.m.
- Kearney Family YMCA, 4500 6th Ave., Kearney, NE – , Oct. 14, 10 a.m.-Noon
- Northeast YMCA, 2601 N 70th St., Lincoln, NE – , Oct 17, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Cooper YMCA, 6767 S. 14th St., Lincoln, NE – , Oct. 18, 9 a.m.-Noon
- Armbrust Family YMCA, 5404 S. 168th St., Omaha, NE – , Oct. 19, 4-7 p.m.
- Fremont Family YMCA, 810 N. Lincoln Ave., Fremont, NE – , Oct. 19, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Blue Cross Centre, 1919 Aksarben Drive, Omaha, NE – , Oct. 20, 9 a.m.–Noon
- Ed Thomas YMCA, 901 W. E St., McCook, NE – , Oct. 21, 10 a.m.-Noon
- HealthyBlue Welcome Center, 500 S. 13th St., Suite 200, Norfolk, NE – , Oct. 21, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Details can be found at NebraskaBlue.com/FluShot.
For individuals with health insurance coverage, clinic personnel will collect the necessary information at the time of registration and file a claim for the service. For individuals who do not have health insurance, BCBSNE will cover the cost of the vaccination.
Preregistration is encouraged, though not required. Visit NebraskaBlue.com/FluShot to register. Registration pages will be open 14 days prior to each clinic and close the day beforehand. Walk-ins will also be welcome. Each patient who receives a flu shot at one of the BCBSNE YMCA clinics can earn a 20-cent Hy-Vee Fuel Saver reward, which can be redeemed at any Hy-Vee Gas, Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh Express or Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh location. See Hy-Vee.com for details. Restrictions apply.
BCBSNE, Hy-Vee Pharmacy team members and each YMCA will practice COVID-19 safety measures. Clinic participants will be asked to wear face masks, social distance, hand-sanitize frequently and stay home if experiencing any fever, COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
Through births and broken bones, tests and treatments, trauma and triumphs, BCBSNE is there with you. Since 1939, we have ensured coverage for the care you need, access to the providers you trust and support from a team that’s right here in Nebraska. As an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, BCBSNE represents the nation’s most experienced health insurance brands that collectively cover one in three Americans. Learn more about BCBSNE at NebraskaBlue.com.
About the Nebraska Alliance of YMCAs
Nebraska YMCAs are volunteer-led nonprofit organizations that belong to the communities that they serve. These organizations lead Nebraska in child care services and ensure that all children have the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve by bringing families closer together through nutrition, physical activities and programming. YMCAs are located in 16 different communities across Nebraska and served over 381,000 individuals with affordable programs and life-changing, positive activities in 2019.
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 285 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of more than $12 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 5 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 3 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 80,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day. For additional information, visit Hy-Vee.com.